Monday, March 26, 2012

Progress

Ok, don't know if I can call it real progress but it's progress nonetheless. I started on that dastardly caulk, fill, and paint the trim project tonight. And by start I mean I did two living room walls. But that's okay. That's two walls I didn't have done two hours ago. Thanks to a friendly little competition ensuing chat with my wonderful mom this afternoon I realized I gotta get my you know what in gear. So the weekend's goal is to finish up this last project. Because when that is done, I will have two rooms of trim left to do. And then what? To be honest I'm starting to get a little nervous about what I'll do when it's done. We will have three major projects left to do but they will take some major budgets to go with them. My mom said I should start digging. She's all over us to put one of these babies in the backyard:


 
Don't mind if I do. Thank you very much. She says she will help. With the digging. Not the financing. Go figure.


 In other news regarding ways to spend my free time...this weekend is my youngest step-daughter's 13th birthday. Every year for their birthdays I try to make some kind of special cake. This year, in honor of our family's obsession with the hunger games series, I'm going to attemp a hunger games cake. Using fondant. This should be interesting. My intent is to have it look like this:

Ha ha.  As if.  So this is how it turned out (thanks to my mom and her steady hand):



Not bad! Happy Hunger Games! May the odds be ever in your favor!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment