Monday, March 19, 2012

trying to get 'er done...

About two and a half years ago, my husband and I purchased our first home. While the home had great "bones" as our realtor said, it was definitely stuck in the 60's. There was pink striped wallpaper, grimy carpet, some pretty fantastic light fixtures and even a spy door! We got busy ripping out carpet, tearing down trim and fixing things up and we've accomplished a lot in the last two years. Even in the midst of getting a new puppy, raising teenagers, and finishing up my principal internship. Phew! No wonder I've lost my mojo. Because I have. I'm tired. And the fun stuff is pretty much over. All that is left is the boring ol' trim and detail work. But if I've learned anything in the last two and half crazy years, I know that's the stuff that matters. So I've decided to push through. I've been doing a little research and know that there are others who feel this way and some have suggested to start a blog to try to motivate me to finish up the last of the detail work. Not that there isn't a lot of other work to be done, we just have to do a little more saving to finish up some big things. So here we go. I'm going to try to use this to remind myself of all that we have accomplished and try to get my mojo flowing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment